SIMPL Member Research
All SIMPL Member programs are welcome to use their own site’s data for any research, education, or quality improvement purposes. SIMPL Member research using SIMPL Data from multiple programs flows through the The SIMPL Research Standing Committee (RSC). The RSC is made of volunteer experienced medical education researchers who receive and vet SIMPL research letters of intent. The RSC works to approve LOIs with the following criteria:
- Does the SIMPL database contain the data that the researcher needs?
- Has this been done in the past, or is someone currently working on this same topic?
- Do the methods match the research question?
- Is the research responsible and ethical?
The RSC aims to be a supporter of research, not a gatekeeper or blocker, and works with investigators to produce the best outcomes. Submit any LOIs or questions to SIMPL Director of Operations Greg Wnuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Researcher submits SIMPL research letter of intent (download below)
- The RSC reviews LOI
- Researcher submits proof of IRB approval or exemption to SIMPL
- Research and SIMPL execute a data use agreement
- SIMPL sends de-identified research data to researcher